There are 23 owner complaints spread out over 5 years, but the most belong to the 2004.
This generation ranks 24th in reliability out of 38 overall Mazda generations.
This generation has been recalled 38 times. It's also part of 1139 investigations and has 194 TSBs.
- engine excessive oil consumption in the 2007 RX-8 at 23316 miles
- engine check engine light on in the 2005 RX-8 at 59333 miles
- engine engine failure in the 2004 RX-8 at 96659 miles
- transmission synchromesh failure in the 2007 RX-8 at 300 miles
- accessories - interior cracked dash board in the 2006 RX-8 at 50000 miles
- steering power steering jerks in the 2004 RX-8 at 109333 miles