There are 89 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 2004.
This generation ranks 33rd in reliability out of 38 overall Mazda generations.
This generation has been recalled 53 times. It's also part of 1358 investigations and has 261 TSBs.
- engine excessive oil consumption in the 2007 MAZDA6 at 86545 miles
- engine rattling noise coming from engine in the 2005 MAZDA6 at 109832 miles
- transmission transmission slips in the 2005 MAZDA6 at 52000 miles
- engine excessive oil blow-by into exhaust in the 2005 MAZDA6 at 162000 miles
- engine egnine knocking in the 2003 MAZDA6 at 119000 miles
- engine engine blown in the 2007 MAZDA6 at 78833 miles