There are 56 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 2006.
This generation ranks 27th in reliability out of 38 overall Mazda generations.
This generation has been recalled 11 times. It's also part of 18 investigations and has 148 TSBs.
- suspension severe squeaks from underneath vehicle in the 2006 MAZDA5 at 37250 miles
- wheels / hubs premature tire wear in the 2006 MAZDA5 at 26017 miles
- clutch premature clutch failure in the 2009 MAZDA5 at 55000 miles
- suspension bad shocks in the 2008 MAZDA5 at 74335 miles
- transmission transmission failure in the 2008 MAZDA5 at 140000 miles
- body / paint clear coat peeling in the 2011 MAZDA5 at 6000 miles