There are 56 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 2006.
This generation ranks 26th in reliability out of 37 overall Mazda generations.
This generation has been recalled 11 times. It's also part of 18 investigations and has 148 TSBs.
- suspension severe squeaks from underneath vehicle in the 2006 MAZDA5 at 37250 miles
- wheels / hubs premature tire wear in the 2006 MAZDA5 at 26017 miles
- clutch premature clutch failure in the 2009 MAZDA5 at 55000 miles
- suspension bad shocks in the 2008 MAZDA5 at 74335 miles
- transmission transmission failure in the 2008 MAZDA5 at 140000 miles
- body / paint clear coat peeling in the 2011 MAZDA5 at 6000 miles
Mazda owners are experiencing warning lights, valve stem corrosions, and sudden tire blowouts that can all be traced to issues with the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS). Law firms are currently gathering information about potential class-action lawsuits.