There are 113 owner complaints spread out over 5 years, but the most belong to the 2004.
This generation ranks 34th in reliability out of 37 overall Mazda generations.
This generation has been recalled 10 times. It's also part of 12 investigations and has 269 TSBs.
- engine motor blew in the 2004 MAZDA3 at 88608 miles
- transmission transmission fluid leak in the 2004 MAZDA3 at 30447 miles
- engine engine knock in the 2008 MAZDA3 at 26500 miles
- transmission won't go into all gears in the 2004 MAZDA3 at 89732 miles
- engine rod bearing failure in the 2008 MAZDA3 at 98500 miles
- engine engine sputtering in the 2007 MAZDA3 at 95000 miles