There are 123 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 2007.
This generation ranks 36th in reliability out of 38 overall Mazda generations.
This generation has been recalled 16 times. It's also part of 0 investigations and has 305 TSBs.
- engine engine timing chain stretched in the 2007 CX-7 at 76881 miles
- engine turbo went out in the 2007 CX-7 at 85767 miles
- engine turbocharger failed in the 2008 CX-7 at 58010 miles
- engine engine failure in the 2008 CX-7 at 94077 miles
- engine VVT broke and busted through all cylinders in the 2010 CX-7 at 67220 miles
- engine loses all power while driving in the 2007 CX-7 at 107795 miles